We see a constant conversation happening about making the switch to reusables. The benefits, the decrease in your environmental footprint and the overall better alternative Knicked undies are.
- The average person uses 10,000-12,000 disposable menstrual products in their lifetime.
- Pads take around 500-800 years to biodegrade.
As we become more and more aware of the detrimental effects of consistent use of disposable products, it seems our local government bodies are also becoming very aware. More and more local governments are offering rebates for the purchase of reusable cloth nappy and menstruation products.
Reusable products may cost a little more up-front, but in the long term, they can save you upwards of $100's a year. These rebates are being offered as an incentive to help reduce the upfront costs of reusable options, and encourage the shift away from single-use products. Helping to reduce waste, and save money!
Local Government Rebates
With the current climate, there really is no better time to choose reusables.
- Reusable sanitary products – 50% of the purchase price (max. $100 rebate*) of leak-proof underwear and wet bags.
Below are some local government rebates that we know of:
- City of Casey (VIC)
- Wyndham City Council (VIC)
- City of Holdfast Bay (SA)
- City of Augusta Margaret River (WA)
- Brisbane City Council (QLD)
- Parramatta City Council (NSW)
- Penrith City Council (NSW)
- Blacktown City Council
- Cardinia Shire (VIC)
- Mornington Peninsula Shire (VIC)
- City of Wodonga (VIC)
- Shires of Indigo (VIC)
- City of Whittlesea (VIC)
- Council of Federation (NSW)
- Greater Hume Shire Council (NSW)
- Shire of Towong (NSW)
- Albury City Council (NSW)
- Logan City Council (QLD)
- Livingston Council (QLD)
- City of Cockburn (WA)
- City of Melville (WA)
- Hornsby Council (NSW)
- Litchfield Municipality (NT)
Can’t see if your local council has an initiative? Why not give them a call or email and let them know what a great idea this could be for your community!
*please check with your local council through the below links for the exact rebate amount they are offering.